Friday, October 15, 2010

Banana Wannabe? LOL

You know,
sometimes I just wanna prank on some random people, like waiters, book sellers, general clerks.
tell them I don't speak Chinese. XD

But most of the time failed.
Example like today.
I went into a photocopy shop to photocopy something for BIO121.
I handed in the book and said "one copy please".
After done the photocopy, the guy told me "一毛", which mean 10 sen for one paper. LOL

Am I really look so Chinese-ish? =/

Another case happened when I was walking back to my apartment.
2 Africans and 1 guy don't know from where, but he seems like oriental, they walked infront of me, speaking in their language.
One of the guys saw me behind of them, he talked loudly in English, to dont know who, "nevermind, if you want we can talk in English, or even Mandarin."
I just ignored him.
And then I heard the girl said "...should learn Mandarin...", I don't really listen all, cabut straight away.
Weird people. =/

I don't have many chance to speak English in Inti, really.
Friends around me were from Chinese speaking family, Chinese school and blahhh.
Therefore I only speak English with international students and lectures. Gahhhhhhh.

Oh btw, I think I did pretty well in ENL101 today.
I was "fortunate" enough to get picked to do a class presentation.
Besides that Adi, GaLi and Esther was chosen too.
We have to talk about "Teenagers should be taught to handle peer relationship".
A little time was gaven to discuss points, each of us have to talk for 5 minutes.
Adi was the first to present, all of us was so amazed by his spontaneous.
I don't know how can he just spill out everything he had in mind in that few second,
his talking is like non-stop, with his Indian accent.
I did not bad as well, I didn't "errr, ermmmm, ahhh" or just stunt there.
I talked non-stop too! Happy me sial. XD
Somehow Esther and GaLi had some problems. O_O
Both of them are good in English, in writing, way better than me, don't know why they cannot present the points we discussed properly. @.@
Well, I felt proud today. Wahahahahahaha.

Few days ago was the "Student Forum" organized by Service Cell.
The main purpose is to let the students can meet the body management of the school to tell them how should the school improve, what should change, and also complaints.
Internet speed definitely is an issue, and also the racist security guard, hahahaha.
And someone brought up the language used in Inti too, glad that somebody actually is concern about it. =D
INTIMA played kinda important role though, which means we Intima Marketing Team have to practice it too.
However, seems like our director prefer to speak in Mandarin more, lol.

But still, I really hope I can have more chance to speak English in INTI, seriously need to improve. No necessary have to have accent, I just wanna make it fluent.

I had a dream when I was young, I want to be a banana, no joke. =.=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!