Sunday, August 22, 2010

30 Hours Famine 2010

This is the third time I participated in this event, but it's the first time I became the group leader. Fuuuuuuuhhhh. I was camper at the first year and helper at the second year.

I only attended 2 meetings for the whole event. However, I managed to do my job. =)
Woh Sheng, leader of Programme asked me to lead English speaking group, I didnt reject, I really have to push up my English level since I don't speak in Inti.
*Inti people don't speak English, except lecturers, foreigners, malays, indians, and others.*

Reached HICT at 7am, after some briefing and campers are coming in groups.
I don't know why they make it this way, they allocate people who come together in a group, like 10 people come in the same time they automatically grouped into one group.
I thought camps supposed to be a-new-friends-place?
LOL Whatever.
English groups were 9 and 10.
Angelica took 9 therefore I take 10.

After some waiting, campers who speaks English didn't turn up.
As a result, I got 3 teachers and 8 girls in my group, they speak Chinese.
Some activities conducted based on schedule, some are boring and some are fun and exciting. =D

Famine Challenge 1, the boring one. =P



Famine Challenge 2.
Lost kids rushing to get stuffs.

Group leaders have to start off some topic like "how do you feel while you playing the game just now" something like that.
Theys suppose to give answer like what message they got throughout those activities.
Only the 3 teachers respond, those girls, sien la, even those teachers said students nowadays study until no personal opinion already.
Yea, forgot to mention some of the girls are students of the 3 teachers.
Speaking of teachers, THEY ARE YOUNG. Average age is 25. =)
Glad to have them in my group.

Night performance was a blast, especially TsienLee and her band. Had totally rock the whole hall. Literally everyone jumped up down and screamed like hell. The atmosphere was damn HIGH, HIGH KAO KAO. =)
Click to here how high we were. =P

Performances



A guy who can be as flexible as Jolin. OMG!


Belly dance by kids.


Band performance.

Sharing session.

Candles.


Writing under the candle lights.


Writing feedback form.

Every volunteers slept later than campers, done some feedbacks and job distribution of the second day.
Sleep on the floor is definitely not comfortable, sleeping bag didn't helped a lot. =/
And the hall we slept in was FREAKING COLD! Colder than Genting Highland I guess.

Woke up at 6am, prepared myself and danced Waka Waka for morning exercise. LOL
Then continued with some photo shooting.

Woot, one people missing. @.@
And yea, noticed the camper who is not in the same group age with us?
Sorry, I don't want to address her aunty or other name that made her sounds old. =.=
She was a teacher too, SinyYee's standard 3 teacher! =)
I think she's studying now, I stalked her facebook. =.=


Sharon!


Lee Kien! =)


JiaLing. =P

I brought my camera go but no baterry and the charge I left at Nilai. LOL.
So no photos for this time. =(

After that all of us went to Bukit Jalil to countdown for the last 4 hours.
This year is different with past year.
HICT people this year all like dead fish, no cheer, no shout, no clap hands. LOL
Is it Nicholas Teo is the artist for this year? I guess so.
Last year was damn high because we got A-Mei! Hahahahahaha.
I think the only high part is when Fish Leong singing 没有如果, other than that I was fishing.
Too tired!! And hungry. =/

Something really inspired me.
The organizer World Vision put strings and beads until everyone seat, and not everyone can get the same thing. Someone got 2 strings, someone got no bead, and there are people got nothing too.
Do you know this indicates what?
They are trying to tell people that resources are distributed unequally in this world. Some countries got many foods and they can simply waste it, while some other countries don't have enough food.
Don't know why, this touched me a lot. And luckily I got the full package! =)


Ugly? Ok ok la. =)

After didn't consume anything for 30 hours,
*Okay, I must confess here, I ate 2 breads and 1 nasi lemak. =.=*
Actually volunteers are allowed to eat, but we have to eat secretly. =P
On 4pm sharp, we got our break fast. Soya bean and bread! Ha~
We cannot eat too many after fasting for so long, will vomit straight away.
I tried this on my first year, I ate KFC right after the event finished, it turned out I puke like hell. LOL.

This time volunteering I gained a lot, especially I got the chance to communicate with people who I don't know. =)
And I felt grateful that I can be the centre person who delivered message to others to help childrens who are in hunger in this world, make more people alert with this. =)

LIGHT UP THEIR LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!