Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winner, not.

although I have a "Win" in my name.

Had this thought yesterday night before I go bed, so I decided to blog about it.

To be honest, I still found amazing that I really made it to Canada. Got a 7 in IELTS really was a shock in my life. Really, how many people like me can study abroad? Firstly, I am not from a English speaking family. Secondly, I am not a smart student, my class 5A4 was like the 11th of 17 classes in whole, the 4th in 6 account stream classes. And oh hey, I was in a Accounting plus Chinese Literature class! (take that). Next, I know shit about Western countries thing, like actor, actress, singers, histories, buildings, bla bla bla. I was raised in a traditional Chinese family, speaks Chinese and Hokkien, sometimes Hakka. I got a friggin B4 for English in SPM and English before CPU was like 1% of my life.

I still remember those time I suffered when I was in CPU, first time having Caucasian teacher, first time being in an English speaking environment, first time being so pressured while expressing opinion. English classes back school were like never existed, no one ever paid attention in class, most of them don't even hand in homework or whatever shit the teacher asked. Well, I did, a little. However, I don't think those English classes are useful, not at all. Teachers' problem maybe?

The moment when Canadians here said I speak good English, I really feel pleased, and a little tears in eyes. I strived, I suffered, and being teased? (don't remember)

Wonder how I gone through this? Well, don't laugh okay. LOL It might sound pathetic to you. Okay, the truth is, I imitate how people speak, and use Google as my grammar checker. And lastly, follow my instinct.

The point of this post is, I already a loser in the beginning, I ain't gonna lose until the end okay. At least I try to improve, try to make my life better, try to reach my dream.

To those assholes who laughed at me, looked me down, go die lah.

I speak like a Caucasian, fuck yeah.

3 comments:

  1. LOL for the last sentence!
    Like for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing for sure (definitely NOT bodek-ing you), you're one of the very few 慈少 I know who can converse/express (especially written) very very fluently in English. The other one is Xin Ying and her cousin Xin Wei. Oh yes, before I forget, maybe Fion as well... Keep it up! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. MingHuang-Haha, thank you! Don't forget KaiLin and Jilyne too :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!