Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Global Warming Survival Guide

What I am doing 
What I plan to do in the future
What the heck?
Not what I can do

1. Turn Food Into Fuel (I shall let those scientist do this LOL, what can I do is walk as much as I can)
2. Get Blueprints For a Green House
3. Change Your Lightbulbs
4. Light Up Your City (My house use LED lights, so yea)
5. Pay the Carbon Tax (Personally don't support this, this is more like a political thing :/)
6. Ditch the Mansion 
7. Hang Up a Clothes Line (when in Malaysia lah)
8. Give New Life to Your Old Fleece (Not available in Malaysia lah this)
9. Build a Skyscraper (I don't agree with this, oh well, I love kampung!)
10. Turn Up the Geothermal Heat
11. Take Another Look at Vintage Clothes (I don't really care about clothing, pasar malam cloth will do lol)
12. Capture the Carbon (Not what an ordinary citizen can do :/)
13. Let Employees Work Close to Home
14. Ride the Bus (drive a lot in Malaysia, ride buses in Canada)
15. Move to a High-Rise (Really? I still prefer rural areas okay)
16. Pay Your Bills Online
17. Open a Window
18. Ask the Experts For An Energy Audit of Your Home
19. Buy Green Power, At Home or Away (Is possible in Canada, but Malaysia, uh)
20. Check the Label
21. Cozy Up to Your Water Heater (Uh, my dad's job)
22. Skip the Steak (I can't accept this :/ is sad I know, I just love meat :/)
23. Copy California (Neutral, no comments :/)
24. Just Say No to Plastic Bags
25. Support your local farmer (Pasar Pagi/Malam FTW!)
26. Plant a bamboo fence (Or sugar cane will do :D)
27. Straighten up and fly right (Pilots' job)
28. Have a green wedding
29. Remove the tie (I don't wear ties)
30. Shut off your computer (I-just-can't-----)
31. Wear green eye shadow (Really? The heck?)
32. Kill the Lights At Quitting Time (Might suggest my dad to do this)
33. Rearrange the Heavens and the Earth (What what reflection thingy? Deflect sun energy?)
34. Rake in the Fall Colors (After I move out from the res :D)
35. End the Paper Chase
36. Play the Market (Play with the cap again, economic-ish, political-ish)
37. Think Outside the Packaging
38. Trade Carbon for Capital (O.O)
39. Make Your Garden Grow
40. Get a Carbon Budget
41. Fill'er Up With Passengers
42. Pay For Your Carbon Sins
43. Move to London's New Green Zone (Siao eh, later overpopulation in London how?)
44. Check Your Tires
45. Make One Right Turn After Another (I always did this stupid mistake :/)
46. Plant a Tree in the Tropics
47. If You Must Burn Coal, Do it Right (Oh well, is my dad, not me, use good engine oil will make a difference! *promoting* XD)
48. Drive Green on the Scenic Route
49. Set a Higher Standard
50. Be aggressive about passive
51. Consume Less, Share More, Live Simply

For details, please view http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/environment/0,28757,1602354,00.html

***

I am kinda an environmentalist? But not really hardcore that kind. People who has worked with me before in publicity know how environmental I am lah. LOL. CPU's World Issues and INTI's Green Knights taught me quite a lot, as in what are the things happening in other countries, more things like cap trade, Kyoto Protocol and bla bla stuff lah.

But really lah people, do as much can you can okay? Like reuse paper, recycle plastic bottles, card boxes, bring your own container to school bla bla bla. 

Okay? GO GREEN! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!