Tuesday, November 23, 2010

They are going to be HISTORY

This post is purposely make to clarify and explain the post "from blur to clear" below.

Yes, I'm going to do Lasik surgery this coming Saturday. =)/=( *gosh I don't know what emotion to put*

Okay so before I really start lemme talk about condition of my eyes first.

I wear glasses since 5 years old, until now it's been 14 years already.
As time goes by, the power of short-sightedness and astigmatism keep in climbing up until 1 year aog and it's now stable.
Current status:
Short-sightedness-1100 (left eye) 1000 (right eye)
Astigmatism- approx 400 for both eyes

Hahahahaha, scary? LOL. I already used to it, hence I have no idea how to see the world with naked eye, like glasses is already one part of my body.

Well, I do dreamt that all these all disappear suddenly and I wake up and I can see anything without my glasses, is some kind of magic instead of through this surgery though. DREAM mah!

And you might ask: Why don't wear contact lens?"
WTF Seriously I'm bored and annoyed with this question already, I've asked for this since I was Form 1! Answer I gave at that time was "contact lens very geli/disgusting, I afraid I can't take it off after I put them it".
And then the answer innovated become "Ahh I can't wear because my eye shape doesn't fit the shape of contact lens, it will fell out" I got this theory from my dad because my dad apparently facing this, so I assumed my eyes will like his, because we both have quite a lot of similarities, even the disease in family's blood, two of my brothers don't have though! XD
Okay, when I was Form 5, CPU and now, my answer become my short-sightedness power and astig too high, my contact lens have to custom made, it's effing expensive.
So yeah, these are reasons WHY I DON'T/CAN'T WEAR.
No matter how my mum, brothers, and friends said, teased, scolded, I just don't wear, hahahahaha. XD
And HELLO, contact lens is not permanent solution laaah. If your power not as high as mine then is alright.

My parents started to tell me about this surgery few years ago and by that time I just don't give a shit because I am satisfy what I have at that time. Until this year, this month, my mum kept on drag me to do eye checks. Therefore, I've done eye checks at 3 places already, they have different prices, different procedure, different technology bla bla bla.
In case you want to know, these 3 places are Optimax (Klang), Vista (Klang) and Advance (Damansara).
Eye checks usually have 2 steps, first, to check short-sightedness power and astig. Second, check cornea tissue available, size of pupil, eye pressure, watery level of eyes, any holes in retina.
First stage for me is nothing but I hate the second stage a lot, because they have to sort of paralyze your eyes and make your pupil become bigger by putting some solution.
Walaoei, can you imagine, everything you see will be brighter than usual and you will experience something like long-sightedness, you can see things infront of you but far away, CREEPY!

After checked, here goes the report.
Thanks to my too-high-power, I only can do custom one not standard, and the price definitely more expensive lahhhh.
Why custom? Like I said, my power is too high therefore cornea tissue need to burn will be a lot and they have the policy said that no matter how the cornea tissue burnt must have 250um left, MUST, no exceed even 1um. So is like the higher power more cornea tissue to be turn so that the view will back to the position is suppose to be. LOL Secondary school science lah. XD
With standard surgery, I will have to burn until 160um which is definitely cannot be done, so I have two options, the custom one and contact lens implant.
Why I can't do implant which will have better effect?
Thanks to my eyes again, I don't have enough space in my eyes to fit the contact lens into it. LOL. But if I can I still won't consider it la, too expensive. =/ 7k+ per eye.
So yea, custom sugery my only option. LOL.
Hahahaha, my pupils are bigger than usual people, 7mm while normal people 5mm! XD

This is how my view after I take of my glasses.

Well, not exactly the same, but I can say is 90% accurate.
And FYI, the paper is just one arm away from me.

To be frank, I never see my face before, I mean without spec, photography sometimes just too fake, different angel shows different view.

There are things that I will miss after the surgery
1. My heavy, thick glasses of course.
2. My gong and tut face with glasses.
3. Fireworks in night. You know, I think this is the privilege for short-sightedness people because I can see fireworks everywhere when I took off my glasses at night. Is something like this.

The real one is much more fascinating than this, much much more. =D
Definitely gonna miss this. =/

BUT!
Look at the bright side! I can do things I never done before!
1. Ultimately wear shades during drive! WAHHHH!!!!
2. Have a real saloon session. *I never see clearly the look of my hair stylist and how I look after he/she cut my hair, normally I just ok la ok la, because I can't see! Until I back home or in car, I regret already LOL*
3. No more banging walls when swimming!
4. No more asking people to take care of my glasses when having water activities or blind fold games!
5. No more searching for glasses every morning after I wake up! I used to call my brothers or mum to look for me because I can't find it! LOL
6. No more white gas on glasses after came out from car/air-con room. Or even heat from hot drinks! XD

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT
got a feeling not willing to let go the thing I holded for 14 years already. =/
Is like you got something for 14 years already and you lost it within 20 minutes.
Walao. Hate this feeling lor.
Apart of that, SCARED!
The doctor said I will smell the burnt smell of my cornea tissue being burn by the laser during the operation! OHMYGODWTF! GELI! EW! WALAOEH! YUCK! OHMYTISSUE! SHIZ!

Bye bye. Bye bye my glasses, bye bye my short-sightedness, bye bye my astig. *Wipe tears, wave handkerchief*

This is what I wrote few months ago.
http://illusion-ws.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post.html
Have fun reading. XD

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT PIECE OF ARTICLE HERE!!
    So vivid, funny and spontaneous!
    I just love the blurred pictures, the way you describe it and convey the message,,,

    Haaa, you ar, damn farney and creative like usual lah... ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!