Saturday, December 24, 2011

4 days in Toronto

Finally got to step my footprint on the busiest city in Canada. First feeling after I get off from the train was overwhelmed. The train station is so big, people here and there, busy walking to their destinations. If I were alone, I will definitely lost my way. Then took subway to meet up WeiChien, Philip, and SuPing in a sushi restaurant.

Our first place to visit of that day is Casa Loma, the former estate of Sir Henry Pellatt, a prominent Toronto financier, industrialist and military man. It is a castle style house, with 98 rooms inside, including master room, maids room, study room, etc. It is designed in Gothic style, too bad Dr. K didn't manage to teach Gothic chapter if not I will know more about the styles when I am visiting Casa Loma. 

SuPing, Me, Philip, WeiChien and Edmond

My accommodation for these days was in 141 Brunswick, XiaoYing's room. People in 141 Brunswick consist of XiaoYing, KaYan, KahWai, WaiMeng, Allen, YiMing, JunSheng and another 2 juniors. They invited me to join their dinner on the first night of me in Toronto. Home-cooked food! Forgot to take photos because was too busy eating :P 

Got the visit around University of Toronto campus. They have interesting buildings. Mixture of old styles and new styles, love it. How I wish U of Windsor can have classrooms like this as well. Bored with the squares already.

UofT Bookstore

Graduate building. Look at the glass bridge. Oh my my.

Robarts Library. Complicated patterns.

Very Hogwarts feel eh? 

Victoria College. Castle style ♥ 

Okay, don't wanna flood this post will all photos, so I will stop here for UofT buildings.
After the UofT tour, went back to 141 Brunswick for Tang Yuan making. 

Stuffs.

Making in process.

Pattern banyak banyak.

Dice-shaped Tang Yuan by WaiMeng

Cute owl snowman by XiaoYing.

It feels really good to have the opportunity to make Tang Yuan with a bunch of Malaysian people, it makes me feel home, feel like I am in Malaysian again, speaking mixed language, doing stuff that only Malaysian understand, laughing at Malaysian's jokes and etc. Definitely gonna miss it whenever festivals come. :/

Visited CN Tower in the evening, the tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere.
I am standing on 553.33m from the ground :)

Busy traffic under me.

Lights

CN Tower and me :)

It's been a while I see those busy city lights, from high, too much lights of Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, too little cars in Windsor, too quiet. The next time when I visit to CN Tower, definitely will try the Edge Walk. 

Last day in Toronto. Visited the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) in the morning. 
Spiky building

First section in ROM, consists of Japan, Korea, and China.

Level 2, dinosaurs, T-Rex.

Tanystropheus

Smile with the beaver :D

One of the favourites: Minerals 

One of the favourites as well: Greece 

Etruscans' Sarcophagus 

Egypt section. Listening to Hatshephut's story. Studied about she in Ancient to Medieval arts :D

Byzantine empire's Virgin (Theokotos) and Child. Had this in textbook as well :D

I enjoyed ROM very much, especially when I can relate to stuffs that I learnt in class. That's the experience I never had before, awesomeness! Definitely going to visit it again! :)

Had Hong Kong style dinner at King's


Then headed to Rogers Centre for Disney's On Ice. We missed the first part though, kinda sad. But never mind, better than nothing right? :)

Green soldiers.

Buzz, Woody and Jessie.

I don't know what is this, Anastasia? 

Pinocchio. 

Mulan.

Forgot to charge both of my camera and phone last night, both ran out of battery when I was watching Disney's On Ice, so didn't manage to take more picture for it. :/ However, watching things that is related to Disney's is indeed touching, feel like wanna cry, I sang along quietly when the show goes on :P DISNEY'S ROCKS!!!!!

Hopped on bus to Ottawa then Montreal after Disney's On Ice, another amazing part of my winter break 2011! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!