Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bag Packer's Chapter 1: Guang Zhou, China

Finally 9 days of travel in GuangZhou, China is done!

At first, I really want to make this trip as a self/independent/everything-done-by-self travel, also put it as a test to test out am I really independent enough to leave this country as well.

In the end, not everything were up to my expectation. Everything started with a woman, a friend of my mum at there, and some issues came up before I leave Guang Zhou. I was depressed for these for few days even after I came back.
So, let just not talk about sad thing first okay?

I don't really remember how my friend Cecilia and I came up with this idea, to travel, just both of us, with the consideration of another 2 friends still in college, not able to join us. Guang Zhou was not our first choice though, it was Taiwan, but then this year is their 100th anniversary so the air ticket to fly to there will be friggin expensive and there will be crowds, which Cecilia and I dislike a lot. Then we also considered Bali. After some comparison andd discussion we choose to go Guang Zhou because of some reasons. Like, my parents have a house there, so our accomodation fee will be free, public transportation there is very efficient, super cheap to shopping there, most importantly (also a headache for us after that), my mum's friend is there, if we need any help we can look for her.

At there, we didnt join any local tour, we travel ALL BY OURSELVES! Well, we joined one, sort of forced by my mum's friend. We signed that up on the first day we arrived, when we are still in blur state. Our RMB600+ and 2 days just gone like that. If we didnt sign up for this we might go places that we really wanted to go. Argh, big regret!

Like I said just now, public transportation is superb! Especially their metro, our KTM really cannot compete with it. LOL. Most of the time we use metro to go to places we wanted to visit, and some places we used bus, also taxi. However, they rest/stop servicing quite early, around 11pm like that. We thought of can pay a visit to their pub or whatever but in the end we didnt manage to go, another regret!

So now, talk about my companion aka my best friend Cecilia. This was her first time been to China, and she was exhilarated for most of the time when being in Guang Zhou. First thing, her appearance. She is a Chindian but speaks superb Mandarin. When China people bumped into her, most of them will go O.o or :O. SUPRISED! China people just so jealous that we Malaysian can speak that many of language, some of them can't even speak good Mandarin instead their own dialect, Malaysians, do you feel proud now? :D Besides that, she is a Chinese cultural lover, unlike me, half-banana(?) LOL. I don't know as much China history as her. So when we visit some historical places like museum or tomb, she feel thrilled, sometimes shout: Oh, I read about this before! With a super big wide smile :D I really feel happy that she enjoys everything there, this also one of the reason I bring she here, to destress. Meanwhile, I slowly influencing her with my blur-ness and sampat-ness, by cracking jokes, taking stupid syok sendiri photos and etc. It was really fun! Hope we can have chance to travel together again.

In a nutshell, I shall rate this trip 8/10. I really enjoyed for the whold process! However, do I achieve my target? Not entirely. Thanks to my mum's friend for being sooooo caring, argh. I failed myself! Ok, don't be so harsh to myself. At least we didn't encounter anything bad, applause to myself! :)

So, which bag packer destination is _________? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!