Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So Close

I know I am bad, did not really explain what happened after I have been rejected by SFU. SFU go STFU la! :(

So, here you go :)

1st July 2011-I realize I have been rejected by SFU via their Student Information System (SIS). They did not even notify me via email! Luckily I checked, if not everything will be delayed. The reason been rejected? LIMITED ENROLLMENT! Damn you limited. Even Miss Zaleha said SFU is weird, not only because of their super slow email response and also, they did not offer me any alternatives! Like admit into next term or another course, wtf! Reject straight, amboi!

6th July 2011-Used up about 1 week to figure out which university I can transfer my credit to. Applied to University of Saskatchewan and University of Windsor. Both of them have the course I desire. Was a very last minute application though!

7th July 2011-Purposely paid a visit to CAE to have a talk with Miss Zaleha to figure out why and how. At the same time let my dad more clear about what the hell is American Degree Transfer Program. Settled transcripts and required documents today as well, courier right away to the universities that I have applied.

12th July 2011-University of Saskatchewan said they can only offer me January intake as their September's is already closed. At the same time tried to call SFU to appeal, somehow they does not pick up their phone, dang.

16th July 2011-Application has been accepted by University of Windsor.

22nd July 2011-Accepted the offer from University of Windsor. And working on study permit to Canada.

25th July 2011-Went to High Commission Canada, Wisma Tan&Tan, Ampang with dad to submit study permit application form.

27th July 2011-Collect medical form from HCC and do medical check up right away.

10th August 2011-Asked to submit passport to HCC.

11th August 2011-Applying US visa. Booked air ticket.

12th August 2011-Collect back passport from HCC.

16th August 2011-Payment cleared which is due on 15th, and got my resident on campus.

And, checked University of Windsor SIS almost everyday, to read email, or to update timetable etc.

***
If you applied to university before, I know you might shouting in your heart: OMFG What is this girl doing?! I know right? EVERYTHING IS SO DAMN LAST MINUTE! Uni application, visa, air ticket and pay for tuition fee/deposit for res/cost for res and meal plan. Everything is like M.I movie for me je. LOL.

MY ADVICE TO FUTURE UNIVERSITY APPLICANTS: APPLY MORE THAN 1 UNIVERSITY! DO EVERYTHING EARLIER! It is super risky to do whatever I've done up there!

***
It is sad that I couldn't get SFU but hey, I started to like University of Windsor! I even peeking it through Google Earth when I am free!

Information you might interested:
Name of School: University of Windsor
Place: Windsor, Ontario. 5 minutes away from Detroit, United States of America.
Course Taking: B.A Hons Visual Arts & Communication, Media and Film
Duration: 3 or 4 years, depends how often I go back to Malaysia
Flight info: 5th September, 0925 KLIA, yes, I am flying alone

I don't really know anyone there, but there is one JPA scholar from CPU, somehow I feel that she might not want to help me out or something, oh well. Just hope everything will be smooth!

HERE I COME, UWIND! :)

QUESTIONS?

1 comment:

  1. good luck in ur study ya girl.. hope u everything will be fine a ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!