Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chinese Mandarin Versus Malaysian Mandarin

I wanted to write this long time ago but I always forgot. Have to admit that Malaysian Mandarin is indeed not authentic after the blend of Hokkien, Malay and some other dialects. These are some words that I learnt after I came here:

1. 本科 vs degree

2. 挖耳扒 vs 挖耳朵的,洗面奶 vs 洗脸的

3. 麻痹 vs MCB

4. 饭堂 vs / kantin/canteen/吃饭的地方 (with slang)

5. (noun)B, for example 苦B,傻B vs (noun)死了/鸟/到,for example 苦死鸟,傻到~~~~~ (with slang)

Although we share the same ancestor but we are totally different in terms of everything, and I am still learning to accept and adopt, which need a lot of time and patient to achieve it. Is indeed proud to become a Chinese, however excessive patriotism is quite annoying sometimes.

Learn to accommodate, something I need to learn this year.

Also, I have the feeling that I am slowly losing my patience, first time in my life, ever.

#chill #invisible #whocares #whatever #mindyourownbusiness

2 comments:

  1. 本科 = undergragudate!!
    thats one of my first chinese chinese words. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Malaysian won't even say undergraduate right? We will just "what you study ah?" lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!