Monday, May 14, 2012

Winter Term 2012

I wanted to blog this once I got all my marks, apparently McCabe is as usual, SLOW. So, this post will be conclusion only as I covered most of the parts in HERE.

Academic
Finally got rid of FAW, although I did not get a decent grade but it's okay. I don't have to deal with English again. LOL What I am talking about, I have tons of research papers to write after this okay. WTF.

As for Introduction to Media and Society, I don't know is the professor problem or what, I got 50/50 for my finals. Therefore, I think I got A+ for this course but she haven't posted the marks yet so, WTF. However, to be honest I don't think I learned anything from this course, probably is the professor's problem. She is always not in situation and not prepared. Urgh. But thankfully I had her this term because I heard professor last semester is tough. So, good and bad? LOL

Media Literacy is still my favourite subject in Winter term, therefore I got an A- for this! Woohoo! I really hope there is an advanced class for it though because I think it is crucial to be media literate. People nowadays believe whatever they see. Like Facebook is an example, a picture of an incident happened few years ago can be told happened just second ago although is a totally different case happened in a very different location.

Not to forget studio classes! Got B+ for drawing but C for sculpture, WTF. I thought will be another way round since I don't do drawings :X I guess Zeke don't satisfied with my last metal project though. Hahahaha, so, this is my metal "dragon" with mustache, I know, should be whiskers, not mustache, I forgot why I told him mustache. FAIL. lol.

 On the good side, he loved my cardbox camera though, everyone in the class loves it :P It is the only project in the class that can be moved. LOL. So proud :P


However, marks like these made me think of maybe I should really take drawing instead of sculpture again since I got marks like this. But but but drawing is so hard :( Or I should just drop Visual Arts instead. I don't know :|

Classmates
In communication classes like Intro to Media and Society and Media Literacy most of the time I just stick with Thao. Haha. Uhmm, got to know Sarah as well. While in studio classes, I met Yi Ru and Shallen in drawing, but still closer with Yi Ru. In sculpture, although most of the time I am solo but the 3 Chinese will automatically come close to me. And one of them happened to be one of my housemates, a total coincidence, no joke. And most importantly he speak Hokkien too! Haha.

Club/Activities
I am officially the IT Director of AIESEC Windsor and Associate Publication of V.I.S.A. Potentially graphic designer/webmaster for UNICEF, not sure yet. Might wanna sign up for Advice Guru as well, still thinking. LOL Sounds like I wanna kill myself with busy stuffs next semester huh. Did quite a lot stuff in AIESEC though, create posters, flyers, maintain websites, Facebook, Twitter, and just came back from a 5 days conference in Toronto. Will write a separate post about it :)

Friends
Didn't get to know many angmohs though in this semester. But got some long lasting friendships instead :) Like Fantine, YiRu, WeiHaoTian and his engineering gang, AIESEC people and etc :)

Food
Didn't complain as much as before already, got used to it already perhaps, But definitely still miss Malaysian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!