Saturday, April 17, 2010

"This disk in drive X is not fortmatted. Do you want to format it now?"

How would you react when you see this pop-up message on your computer? DOOMED right? Especially you have assignments due tomorrow! You will feel like wanna commit suicide on the spot.

Well, this is what I experienced yesterday. After I found I can't open my pen drive, I nearly lost my mind. Can't think of everything, even at the movie screening after school. In my head, one sentence keep flashing, "死了死了,完蛋了." The worst part is I can't remember that I do backup at home or not. Shoot.

I prayed very hard that I do backup back home. Unfortunately, when I back to home and open my computer--NOTHING I can find. I started to search for solution online. Yea, I googled. Saw quite plenty of people were facing this problem. And some of them managed to solve it and they suggested their way to settle this. I tried most of them, but they doesn't work. What I mean was all of them were evaluation or demo version, mean that I can see my lost files after use those software but I can't get it, I have to pay them in order to save my flies. Though, they are not cheap, the cheapest I could found is $45, which is RM145 after converted.
Sighhh.
If you keep track on my facebook status, you can see that how depressed am I. LOL
Keep looking for solutions, 5 hours non-stop and I missed my dinner. As goes to my family, they were napping, until the next day. Sweat. =.=

Through those forum I found, I realized that take good care of your pen drive is extremely IMPORTANT!

First rule, REMOVE YOUR PEN DRIVE SAFELY FROM THE COMPUTER!
Don't think this action is STUPID and USELESS, this is very important.
There is a bond when your pen drive and computer connected, you must stop it with safely remove it. If not the partition table inside your pen drive will messed up!

Second, DO BACKUPS!
Again, don't think this is LEBIH, this is very important as well. What if you lost your pen drive? This is way painful than files corrupted. Seriously. I didn't do backups before this, and now I know the feel of losing all the information. 2 words to describe, SAKIT HATI. I didn't sleep well you know. =(

In order to recover my files from the corrupted pen drive, I have been go through load of data recovery programs. All of them were freeware but comes with evaluation or demo version. Which mean that you can see all your lost files after scanned by those software, but you can't get it. To save those files, you have to pay to get a full version of the software. Sounds sad right? ABSOLUTELY! =(

So, if you are facing the problem as I have.
You can try some of these software to see whether your files is still inside or not.

Virtuallab
Recuva
TestDisk
Data Doctor Recovery Pen Drive

GOOD LUCK!^^

At last, my crisis solved. =)
Thanks to those guys that helped me in Facebook. Hahahaha.
And one thing I realized, I'm not stereotyping here, just that sometimes guy's really good in computer stuffs, better than girls, although I claimed myself already not bad. X)
Lastly, please please please take good care of your pen drive or hard disk yea. Piece of my advice. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!